Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 34

Thread: OK, I'm not trying to complain, but...

  1. #21
    Inactive Member dianasmama's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 12th, 2004
    Posts
    1,086
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    post by prasnlrd:

    I know and felt the vibes that were present by my rating. That will not stop or deter me. I am not here for a rating or to impress anyone. I am here for pure AG fun.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Don't even worry about ratings! You can change your personal info to NOT allow ratings to be made. They are silly anyway. It's been posted before that people will come in and just give everyone a bunch of negatives, that's why some of us have turned them off anyhow.

    You're very welcome here and we're happy to have you! [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

    Laurie

  2. #22
    HB Forum Owner felicityprincess04's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 30th, 2004
    Posts
    683
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I know and felt the vibes that were present by my rating. That will not stop or deter me. I am not here for a rating or to impress anyone. I am here for pure AG fun.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Ditto, but although I am not here to impress anyone, I dont wan't to be enemies with anyone, either.

  3. #23
    Evette
    Guest Evette's Avatar
    dianasmama,

    Thank you for that post. I do feel welcome here.
    There was a few days there, that I thought OMG what did I say?? I remember after my "East Coast"
    post, I thought OMG what is going on...things were taken all wrong and out of context to what I meant to be a compliment. [img]eek.gif[/img]

  4. #24
    Inactive Member robin0850's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 6th, 2005
    Posts
    1,270
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I think MissMooMoo has a valid point, and so does kitschywoman! Remember, we're all AG friends here, and it's OK to say how you really feel.
    But I do try not to hurt anyone's feelings in my posts, however unintentionally.

  5. #25
    Evette
    Guest Evette's Avatar

    Post

    AsianAG,

    Ditto-I agree with you 100%. No harms, no fouls;
    Lets just keep loving AG's. That is our common bond.

  6. #26
    Inactive Member Felicityexpert's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 30th, 2004
    Posts
    265
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Everyone has opinions. I respect everyone's opinions.

    Would I have preferred a truer to the books Elizabeth? Yes. Would I have preferred a less pink collection? Probably. Is there anything I can do about it? No. These decisions were made by the product designers at American Girl months ago. And until I learn mind control, there's nothing I can do. The only thing I can do is accept these decisions and move on.

    True, I would prefer the American Girl of long ago, when Pleasent T. Rowland ran the show. However those days are long gone. Currently, it is more likely that me or one of my dolls will be struck by lightning than it is likely things will go back to the way they once were. I can complain, I can reminisce, I can use to many "I" statements. Nothing will change.Complain if you want. I don't care. Praise if you want. I don't care. Do the chicken dance if you want. I don't care... well actually don't. Please.

    And I'll admit I'm often the first, and sometimes only one to complain. I am very negative. But if someone loves Elizabeth, I'll just keep my mouth shut. I have no problem like that. If we all thought the same way.. well that would be creepier than a board member doing the chicken dance.

    <font color="#051E50" size="1">[ August 11, 2005 11:58 PM: Message edited by: Felicity+Addyfan ]</font>

  7. #27
    Inactive Member mayergirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 30th, 2005
    Posts
    789
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Angry

    I'm starting to feel a real negative vibe on the board. I mean, I fully understand that we're free to express our opinions here, whether positive or negative, but I feel like in the last few weeks, the negative has begun to seriously outweigh the positive. I mean, I thought we were all here because we love American Girl, not because we we hate Mattel. Like I said, I'm not trying to complain, but I'm getting a little disappointed. [img]graemlins/whatever.gif[/img]

  8. #28
    Inactive Member lscogbill's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 24th, 2005
    Posts
    713
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I agree with you.

  9. #29
    Inactive Member shuffar's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 2nd, 2005
    Posts
    163
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I agree too, but I realize this is a public forum...so I just find myself skipping over a lot of posts.

    I definitely love when everyone shares with the questions I come up with...and I love that a few of you are coming up with your own 'get to know you' questions.

    In the "real" world I sometimes feel very alone in my collection. Sure, my friends had AG dolls growing up, but they are definitely not into it anymore (except when I show them the sneak peek pics, then they get excited for a bit). Since alot of you are my age or older, it's nice to relate and be reassured that I'm not a weirdo for still be in love with these dolls. Plus the speculation of new products adds some excitement to my day!

  10. #30
    Inactive Member carolinapooh's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 8th, 2005
    Posts
    631
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    prasnlrd - you are honestly one of my favorite people on here.

    Who in the world could find ANYTHING about you to rate negatively? From the start you have been nothing but friendly and SO enthusiastic about AG, and you seem so happy to have found the board. (We all know how THAT feels...)

    So I can't imagine what's up some folks' backsides. I like you! [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •